GRETNA ALOPECIA & HAIR LOSS
WHAT IS ALOPECIA?
Alopecia is the umbrella term for hair loss. There are many different types of alopecia. Hair might fall out in small patches or more extreme hair loss might also occur. This condition can affect your scalp, or in some cases anywhere hair appears on your body.
The most commonly recognized symptom of alopecia is a receding hairline or patches of lost hair on the back of the scalp. You might also experience thinning of the eyebrows and eyelashes. Brittle fingernails and toenails are sometimes attributed to early signs of alopecia. Some types of alopecia are temporary, while others may be permanent. It is important to talk with your dermatologist if you notice these conditions. MOD Dermatology in Gretna, NE, offers alopecia and hair loss treatment to restore the health of your hair, and your confidence.
TYPES OF ALOPECIA CONDITIONS
- Androgenic alopecia: A genetic disorder referred to as male or female pattern baldness.
- Alopecia areata: An autoimmune disorder that causes your body to attack the hair follicles, and causes hair loss.
- Alopecia totalis: A rare form of alopecia that causes complete hair loss on the scalp.
- Traction alopecia: Hair loss due to repeated tension on the hair.
- Cicatricial alopecia: An inflammatory condition that destroys hair follicles and causes scarring, and typically results in permanent hair loss.
The alopecia and hair loss treatment plan our Gretna-based technicians will recommend depends greatly on the condition of your hair and the type of alopecia you are experiencing. The most common treatments for hair loss include topical corticosteroids or corticosteroid injections, topical Minoxidil, anthralin, and topical immunotherapy for more extensive hair loss. There are also a number of other solutions for thinning hair that our Gretna-based dermatology team is willing to discuss with you.
The dermatologists at MOD Dermatology Gretna have years of thinning hair and alopecia treatment experience. Contact us today to schedule a consultation, and start your treatment plan to restore your hair!