WEST OMAHA ROSACEA TREATMENT DERMATOLOGISTS
If you experience excessive redness of the face, this may be from the inflammatory skin condition called rosacea. This common condition often causes persistent redness in the central area of the face from flare-ups and remissions. At MOD Dermatology, our dermatologists offer our West Omaha clients the latest rosacea treatments to reduce your rosacea symptoms.
WHAT IS ROSACEA?
When experiencing rosacea, enlarged skin capillaries create a flushed look on the face. There are often triggers that cause someone to experience flare-ups of this symptom. Symptoms can vary depending on the subtype of rosacea you are experiencing.
WHAT ARE THE SUBTYPES OF ROSACEA?
There are four subtypes of rosacea, each with its own set of symptoms. A person may develop symptoms from multiple subtypes at the same time. These subtypes include:
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea: Often called ETR, this subtype is probably the one you think of most when hearing the word “rosacea.” It is characterized by abnormal amounts of facial redness and flushing.
- Papulopustular (Acne): With a similar appearance to acne, people with this condition experience red and inflamed bumps on the face.
- Phymatous (Rhinophyma): Those with phymatous encounter thickened plaques of skin around the area of the nose.
- Ocular rosacea: Ocular rosacea causes redness specifically within the eyes and surrounding area.
WHAT CAUSES ROSACEA?
What causes rosacea is unknown, and various factors can contribute to it. These include genetic predispositions, environmental factors, and an abnormal immune system reaction. Most people with the following demographics are at a higher likelihood of experiencing rosacea:
- 30 to 50 years old
- Of Celtic or Scandinavian descent
- Family history of rosacea
Rosacea treatment varies depending on the subtype and symptoms a person is experiencing. At MOD Dermatology in West Omaha, we value preventative skin care therapy. Learning what triggers your flare-ups and avoiding those triggers can help prevent symptoms. These might include the weather, stress, medications, chemicals, and more. Our office also offers the latest in oral and topical medication, surgery, and light therapy. Your dermatologist will evaluate your condition at our West Omaha office and discuss a rosacea treatment option for you.
CALL MOD DERMATOLOGY FOR WEST OMAHA ROSACEA TREATMENT
You don’t have to live with the symptoms of rosacea! Call MOD Dermatology today and schedule an appointment for skin care therapy in West Omaha. See how MOD Dermatology can heal your skin health!